Formal club notices and other documents
Rules and Regulations
We play our tennis in a relaxed and informal atmosphere, but we do have some rules and guidelines for our members to follow.
Club Rules describe the constitution of the club, which can only be changed at the annual AGM.
Club Regulations describe the everyday operations of the club. These may be amended by the committee.
We have other policies to ensure that everyone is treated fairly, with respect and is safe, and that members, non-members and visiting teams are not denied access to our tennis venue because of any discriminatory reason.
Our Policy Documents
- Weybridge LTC Safeguarding Policy
- Weybridge LTC Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Weybridge LTC Child Protection Policy
Further information is available in the Members Area.
- Weybridge LTC Club Rules
- Weybridge LTC Club Regulations
- Weybridge LTC Club Information for Adult Members
- Weybridge LTC Club Information for Junior Members
Weybridge LTC expects all players to wear approved tennis clothing. This could be tennis clothes of any colour, including white.
To protect the courts, all players must wear proper tennis shoes with non-marking soles. This applies to all players including adults, juniors and our guests.
- Please do not collect a ball from an adjoining court while play is in progress.
- The knock-up is to help you and your opponent get your eye in. Start gently – there are no prizes for winning the knock up!
- Return the balls to the server.
- Put the balls together at the end of your set. If you are likely to be the last people on court, collect the balls and take them off.
- Balls hit out of court should be retrieved as soon as practicable. Leaving it until the end of the set often leads to players forgetting to collect balls.
- Please respect your opponent’s calls on their side of the net. When making your own calls, always give your opponent the benefit of the doubt.
- Tennis can be both exciting and frustrating. Please have consideration for players on adjacent courts & others in the vicinity.
Guests of members are welcome to play at the club.
The fee is £5 for an adult and £2 for a junior.
No visitor may play more than 6 times per year.
Process during COVID
Please enter your name and the name of your guest in the online booking system when you book courts.
Transfer the guest fee to the Weybridge Lawn Tennis Club bank account by electronic transfer, or at your bank. Mark the payment as “Guest Fee”.
Process in Normal Times
Please enter your name and the name of your guest in the visitors’ book before you play.
You can pay a committee member.
Otherwise you will receive a statement at 6 or 12 monthly intervals indicating the amount you owe.
Last to leave
Weybridge LTC does not have any permanent staff to open and close up. We simply rely on the goodwill of members to ensure that the club remains safe, secure and clean.
When leaving the club, check if you may be the last and then please ensure:
- All balls are retrieved and stored in the club room
- All doors to the clubhouse and toilets are closed and locked securely
- Gates to all courts are closed and padlocked
Annual General Meetings
Our AGM is usually held each year in Spring. Whilst all are welcome to attend, only full members are entitled to vote.