Formal club notices and other documents
Rules and Regulations
We play our tennis in a relaxed and informal atmosphere, but we do have some rules and guidelines for our members to follow.
Club Rules describe the constitution of the club, which can only be changed at the annual AGM
Club Regulations describe the everyday operations of the club. These may be amended by the committee.
We have an Equality and Diversity Policy to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect, and that members, non-members and visiting teams are not denied access to our tennis venue because of any discriminatory reason.
WLTC does not insist on an all white regime, however, all players are expected to wear approved tennis clothing of any colour. To protect the courts, all players must wear proper tennis shoes with non-marking soles. This applies to adults, juniors and our guests.
- Please do not collect a ball from an adjoining court while play is in progress.
- The knock-up is to help you and your opponent “get your eye in”. Start gently; there are no prizes for winning the knock up!
- Return the balls to the server.
- Put the balls together at the end of your set. If you are likely to be the last people on court, collect the balls and take them off.
- Balls hit out of court should be retrieved as soon as practicable. If you leave it until the end of the set you will invariably forget.
- Please respect your opponent’s calls on their side of the net. When making your own calls, always give your opponent the benefit of the doubt.
- Tennis can be both exciting and frustrating. Please have consideration for players on adjacent courts & others in the vicinity.
Guests of members are welcome to play at the club. The fee is £5 for an adult and £2 for a Junior. Please enter your name and the name of your guest in the visitors’ book before you play. You can pay a committee member. Otherwise you will receive a statement at 6 or 12 monthly intervals indicating the amount you owe. No visitor may play more than 6 times per year.
Last to leave
Weybridge LTC does not have any permanent staff to open and close up. We simply rely on the goodwill of members to ensure that the club remains safe, secure and clean.
When leaving the club, check if you may be the last and then please ensure:
- All balls are retrieved and stored in the club room
- All doors (including the toilets) are closed and locked securely.
- Gates to Courts 1 and 2 (Clay courts) are closed and padlocked